Thursday, October 20, 2011

I Got This...

You are very much in control of your actions, especially when it comes to eating. For the past week and a half, I have been on my “eating right” kick. I am actually doing South Beach’s Phase I. It’s my old regimen for a little boast on the weight lost path. I use to do it quite often when I was in undergrad. My mother had me a little self-conscious when I would return home (L.A.) from being away at school in Louisiana.
What I've discovered, so far is I am in control of my eating habits. Last week was one of the most trying weeks to-date at my job. We’re working on budgets and it’s been the most stressful project. It’s amazing how unorganized and chaotic a company can be. I worked about 60 hours easy during this week. At any rate, under normal eating patterns a drink was highly in order. However, during the phase I, you are not allowed any alcohol. I was proud of myself for not giving into the urge to have drink. It was only the prior week when I attended two happy hours and had plenty to drink.
My weakness are desserts and bad carbs (how many are not addicting to these). I just finished my menstrual cycle, a time when I usually indulge in sweet treats. Yet this time, I was in control. It’s interesting what you learn about yourself as you begin new habits. I am done with this phase on Monday (10/24) and I am looking forward to continuing fighting the urge to win this eating battle.

In other news, I am now planning my wedding. To be continued…

2 comments:

Pretty J said...

Congratulations on the wedding!!!!

jendayi said...

Have I really been gone that long? Wedding?! Wow. Congrats! I hate to say it but the last time I visited you were going through work drama. It really has been a while.

What I Have To Say