Tuesday, September 01, 2009

September




Today is the first day of September, many may say big deal, but this is my birthday month and I am freaking turning 30. A few months ago, I was a little uneasy about turning 30. But I am digging the new decade upon me. My birthday is September 19th and I will be spending this significant birthday with my significant other. We’re going to Mexico. At first, I was a little apprehensive about going south of the border due to media propaganda. However, after hearing from a few people who have recently went out there, the trip was set.

We’re staying at an all-inclusive resort in Playa Del Carmen, and I am too excited. I am not excited about just the trip, but I am turning 30. I feel like I am finally starting to get “it”. I suddenly feel like I am beginning to live the life I am meant to have. My 20’s were all about trial and many errors. I won’t pretend I have the answers now (not at all). But I love the confidence and sense of balance I have now. On the vain side, I love that I don’t look 30 (the amazement when I say how old I am).

3 comments:

T.a.c.D said...

they say 30 is when you really STEP INTO womanhood like your level of self is just so powerful and you are just into you...so i know YOU will be GREAT at it! Mexico is wonderful so you two will have a GREAT time! happy for you

chele said...

Good for you! I spent my 20s screwing up and my 30s cleaning up and it wasn't until my 40s where I really got the hang of this thing called life.

Anonymous said...

Ah Miss Confessions you will adore your 30s, as you have already jumped it off to a wonderful start. :) Hope that you had a fantastic trip. Love your blog as always.

What I Have To Say