Monday, March 16, 2009

Let's Play House...

Well a week after the mini drama, life is back on track for My Guy and I. While my life isn’t 100 percent all about my relationship, it’s the most exciting and fulfilling aspect of my life right now. We hit a HUGE milestone last week post our first major argument. I MET HIS SON!!! You may wonder why this has taken so long or think big deal. Folks I am the FIRST woman in my man’s dating life to meet his son, and it only took me 9 months to meet him, lol.

On a serious note, this was a huge deal to me because I know this is something near and dear to his heart. I met his son on total coincident. His mom was unable to pick him up from band practice and asked My Guy while I happened to be over his house at the time. The funny thing is, we spoke about making sure our first meeting was spontaneous or unplanned, and it worked out totally that way. The next thing I knew, we were on our way to pick him up and drop him off home. His son is a cutie and has a great personality (just like his daddy, lol). He’s 13 years old.

As I take a step back and look at how far we’ve come in such a short period of time, I am amazed. I also have a key to his house. I am officially a dog girl (well his dog). A week ago, I just jump in headfirst and began to bond with his dog and now I am in love. I bought the dog freaking outfits, Scooby snacks and other doggie treats, lol. He’s my little buddy now. I basically sleep there almost every night. I am spoiled at this point. I enjoy going to bed with him and waking up to his body next to mine. He draws me a bath every night I stay. I cook dinner (the few meals I can). We’re pretty much playing house. Even though I enjoy all of this time together, I can’t say I am ready to move out of my house and move into his. I still enjoy “my time”.

5 comments:

Somethin Special... said...

Congratulations!! It is a big deal to meet his son VERY big deal all 9 months waiting was worth it lol :-)

Blu Jewel said...

That's great. I'm happy for all of you. Sounds like things are getting even better.

love to live; live to love!

T.a.c.D said...

wow!!! that's awesome its definitely a HUGE deal to met the son...so I am really happy that the two of you met and it was a good interaction.......

chele said...

That's a big step. Good for all of you!

GemisMyName said...

It's been 9 months already? Wow!

What I Have To Say