Sunday, September 28, 2008

Money Is A Thing!

Is it just me or is anyone else concern with the current state and future of our economy?

I am quite sure everyone is aware of what’s been going on the past few weeks. Well during this past week, I personally noticed myself beginning to worry. I don’t think I’ve ever felt this poor in my life. I would be one of the first to say my job isn’t paying me nearly what I am worth (which will always be the case) but with the money I am making; I have to ask myself what am I doing with it? I looked at my banking account reviewing the past three months (basically the summer) and saw my miscellaneous spending was out of control. WTF is wrong with me?

I was watching a recording of the Oprah show this past week with Suzie Orman, and I must say she gave me an unexpected wake up call. The main take-a-way for me from that show was stop living a lie. Stop spending money as if it grows on trees, or even worst like I have it like that. The people who are really in trouble right now are THE JONES. Everyone who lives the life of appearances and living beyond your means; the sky is now falling. I’ll admit I fall into this category. But as of right now, I am admitting I am poor and I can’t afford shinny new things right now.

I would rather live modestly and have all of my bills paid on time. This shit isn’t a joke and now is the time more than ever to get your mind right. If these big corporations are having trouble keeping their doors open, what do you think is going on in your neighbor’s house?

3 comments:

GemisMyName said...

Girl you're not lying! I've decided to tighten the belt on my spending too. But my vice is the vacay and I will sacrifice for that.

Eb the Celeb said...

its hard out here for a pimp for real... I have really had to cut back on my diva lifestyle the past couple months... funds are tight... I feel like I am back in college struggling again.... and that aint even cute for a young professional like myself...

T.a.c.D said...

DITTO both p and eb...its just the way it is right now, but hell its been that way for me for a minute

What I Have To Say