Sunday, July 01, 2007

Ms. Shoes...

Today I went to my neighborhood mall, with a specific objective in mind. Buy some makeup and Tea (I love Teavana). But I completely got caught up in the joy of walking into a nice shiny store with goodies ready to be purchased. Shopping is truly an emotional activity for me (like many others). It feels great to walk into a store and be able to purchase an item that fulfils some need or desire. It particularly feels great when you’re not forfeiting another obligation to entice yourself in this instant satisfaction.

I am a sucker for shoes. I’ll admit it, I LOVE freaking shoes. I have orgasms when I dream of having five minutes to run mad in a department store shoe section. I passed by several stores where the shoes in the display window taunted me (LOL). Finally, I had to give in to that damn ALDO store; it was too shiny and bright. It’s amazing how anything in the color red screams my name. There’s red, black, gold, fuchsia, silver, white shoes- oh my!

At this time I am looking for work shoes. But it’s important for me to also buy shoes that have multi function purposes. I ask myself when buying shoes:

Can I wear them to work? (I’m a chic yet hip dresser on a corporate plantation)
Can I wear them after work? (i.e. bar/lounge, mixer or a slightly dresser event).

If the answer is YES to both questions, I then ask if they have a size 9 ½ or 10.
I’m 5’10, so yes my feet are a little long. ☺

Here’s what I left with. And of course I had to buy a shirt, and skirt here and there to accompany my new babies!

Me so happy!!!!





4 comments:

BeautyinBaltimore said...

You are 5'10, I am so jealous of you. I am only 5'8. Plus your feet are smaller than my own. I wear size 11.

jendayi said...

I want that love back. =( I fell out of love with shoes about 2 months ago. I just can't seem to find anything I like. Oh how I want to fall in love with shoes again.

Ms. Confessions said...

Beauty-
Yeah I love my height now..LOL
And I will wear the hell out of high heals.. :)

J.A.C.-
I had to cut that habit out for a while. I truly had a problem ;)

But every once in a while, I think its important to treat yourself :)

After all, what do we work hard for?

Southern_Lady said...

Yes! for the 5'10 girls with size 10 feet! Me too. Whenever I see a nice pair of shoes in my size, I snatch them up. Three inch heels and all!

What I Have To Say