Tuesday, December 05, 2006

It's The Most Wonderful Time of Year...

2006 was a year full of many personal triumphs and some sorrow. In spite of my recent tragedy, I’ve always looked forward to this time of year. I LOVE CHRISTMAS!! I’ll admit growing up it was all about the gifts; and I am forever grateful for the wonderful things my parents did for my brothers and I every year.

As an adult, the past few years I look at this time as a celebration with my family. Every Christmas morning my brother, parents, and I would wake up early and exchange gifts. The Christmas music is playing in the background. (Usually Luther, The Temptations, and Babyface). After gifts we eat a light breakfast together and prepare for the busy day ahead. It’s tradition to start at my mother’s side of the family and end with my father’s side.

I look forward to going home this year and I know my father will be there with us as usual…

1 comment:

Blu Jewel said...

Christmas blessings to you and yours.

What I Have To Say