Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Friends: The Special Women in My Life

I must say I have been blessed to have a few great women in my life I refer to as my friends. Growing up it was a title most of us used pretty loosely. We made everyone our friends. But one thing I have learned is people will always come and go in and out of your life. However, it’s the ones who always seem to remain in your life throughout your trials and tribulations that deserve to be called a friend.

Dork aka Ms. USC- My childhood friend, we met in junior high school (a rough time adolescent). Once we graduated and went off to college we kinda lost touch. But we were reunited after my father’s recent passing. She’s been there for me always, no matter what mood swings I was going through. I am so proud of the woman she is today. You’re kicking ass in Grad School (as you should be). Not only are you beautiful inside and out, you’re crazy as hell. You’re such a dorkface, LOL. You and I will always be friends and I love you!

Ms. Biz aka Hollywood- I met you at Arista Records and I’ll never forget. You may be a few years younger than me, but I have never met a woman so driven and business oriented (like me). Even at 19, you were handling your shit. You are destine to be nothing but a star. Even though I left L.A., you and I have still remained very good friends. You’ve been there for me throughout a lot of ups and downs. Thanks for introducing me to your friend (LOL). Now, you’re trying to conquer real estate like me (watch out) I love your energy and hunger for more.

Ms. Texas- I met you little over a year ago through wack ass Gaedeke (inside note). You were there for me when I needed to vent about Ms. Evil. We shared a lot of laughter and tears. You’ve been extremely supportive recently. I owe my current job (career) to you. I could NEVER repay you. I consider you to be a big sister. You’re my voice of reason and I always value your advice. I admire the woman you are and congratulations on another successful year of marriage.

Star- My ace, my homie, my childhood friend. You and I have definitely been through the ups and downs. We’ve seen our best and worst in each other. I am so proud of the woman/mother you are. I thank you for always keeping it real with me. I admire your strength. The worst is now behind us (we only elevate from here). I thank you for always being a great friend.

Ms. L.A. Ryder- I met you this year, and it seems like forever. We’ve been through a lot (job wise). It’s truly funny how certain people come into your life at any given time. I met you in Dallas, yet we share so many similarities with you being from L.A. I also consider you to like my big sister. You are a great woman and mother. You are the truth, baby girl. Words can’t describe how grateful I am to know you. Thank you for always being there.



Lucy Lu- I met you in Real Estate school, and I knew you and I would always have the ability to make money together. We compliment each other in such a lucrative way, LOL. My sportie spice, you kill me with your health tips (but I love you). In the short amount of time we’ve know each other; we’ve accumulated a lifetime of memories. You’re a wife and a mother (I remember when it was just you). What a difference a year and a half makes. I love you like the Asian sister I’ve never had. There are no words to express the gratitude I have for your friendship. I can’t wait to properly influence my baby girl (LOL). And you have one of the coolest husbands I know. Much love and many blessings to you and your family.




3 comments:

Blu Jewel said...

Your props to your friends is very honorable and flattering. I'm sure they'll appreciate the love.

Anonymous said...

awww, thanks Sunny!

Mahogany Misfit said...

What a sweet post!

Your girls are so lucky to have a friend so sweet!

What I Have To Say