Thursday, May 18, 2006

My Breakthrough..

Last night while talking to a friend, and I made a self discovery. For the past week and a half and particularly the past two days; I have began to reconnect with my God. All of this week I've prayed to him and started reading my Bible particularly the book of Matthew. While talking to this friend I realized that perhaps God has turned the heat up (so to speak) on me because I have begun to take his love and blessings for granted.

I know this year is going to be a great one for me on so many levels, because that's what I believe. I got a little arrogant and comfortable with a few of the blessings I have received thus far. And according to his word; God is a jealous God and requires us to spend our time with him daily. I haven't been to church since January. I bought my condo in April and I have neglected to give my praises to him on a daily basis along my way.

During the past few days God has revealed to me several things. Number one, I need to give him some more of my time. Number two, as he continues to bless me, there are some things I need to rid myself of in order to receive what he has in store for me. My breakthrough moment came when I re-evaluated my relationship with this guy I have written several blogs about. In my last blog, I called myself selfish and I only focused on my feelings and how he makes me feel. Never taking into account his girlfriend's feelings or instincts. The truth is I am wrong. And until I make right of this situation, I will continue to block myself from receiving my blessings and feel this constant sense of emptiness. I will continue to say, I have mad love for this man. But we need to keep our relationship back at a strictly friendship level. Perhaps, if it is meant for us to be more, the time will present itself when it's right. But in the meantime, I need to make room for the main man in my life right now, and that's GOD...

2 comments:

Mindy81 said...

thanks for the praises ;)

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you two may need to go to church TOGETHER...

What I Have To Say