Monday, May 22, 2006

The Legend's Ball...

I just watched Oprah’s Legend’s Ball and I’ll admit earlier today I was a little down on A personal level. It was overall a good day, but I have been a little tensed over some personal issues. I won’t say that I am a quitter but there are times when you feel like you’re working in vain. As I watched this special on ABC, I couldn’t help but cry my eyes out at the lovely, talented, beautiful, and gifted women being honored by Oprah. I was so deeply moved by her gesture. Who will ever honor African American women in such an eloquent manner? She’s definitely given me something to shoot for in the future.

This glimpse of such a joyous occasion inspired me unlike any other moment. I cried because even though I may not take the same path to success as these women they have all impacted the world with their many gifts and talents. After viewing this show, it challenged me to continue to fight my inner struggles and for what I want out of life. I sit here today not only a strong woman but I am forever grateful for the women before me and inpired me to dream big. WE SPEAK YOUR NAMES…

No comments:

What I Have To Say