Sunday, April 30, 2006

My Humps, My Lovely Lady Lumps

I was at the doctor's office the other day and I ask the nurse to tell me my weight gain since I've started going to this practice (which was Jan 2006). I was a little disappointed to know I have gained 10 pounds since only January. I have never been the type to be obsessive over my weight. I am slender in description but since I am tall I am able to wear my weigh comfortably.

As I thought about the 10 pounds, I was angry and disappointed with myself. I know exactly why and how I gained those pounds. I am lazy, I don't exercise at all. I eat whatever I want, whenever I want. If I want a quick fix, I'll do the South Beach 2- weeks detox diet. I can actually loose 10-14lbs (but guess what, they come back). I use to do this particularly when I was going to visit my family in L.A. Maybe, it's my shallow L.A. way of thinking. I figure as long as I can wear junior sizes still, I was in the clear. But I am not in the clear. It's now Spring and Summer is only around the corner. I enjoy wearing nice fitting things and I've never been one to wear clothes that don't complement my figure.

I tried to convince myself to love my size and body (which I do). But that doesn't justify me not eating right and exercising. I keep telling myself when I notice some of my jeans getting a little tighter; I'll start exercising. Well I am saying it again. This week I will do my DVD workout at least 3 times a week. This is a start for me. If I can successfully make working out a daily habit of mine for a month, I have decided to reward myself with a gym membership. There's no need to go out and buy one now, when it's not something I am already doing. Besides, that's what I bought all these DVDs and weights for so I can workout at home. Well I have decided to share this because I want people to call me out on this. I am going to loose my 10 pounds the right way by the first day of summer. Not because someone told me to, but because I want control over my couch potato and food obsession…

No comments:

What I Have To Say