Wednesday, October 06, 2010

Lil Ms. Admim

So just when things are going so perfect at my job, I find out I have the admin from hell. She’s 23 years old working on her undergrad degree online and a mother of a 15 months old daughter. Nothing is wrong based off that description, but my beef with her stems from the fact that this bitch is saity she didn’t get my position. Never mind the fact that I am more than qualified, Masters degree and experience. She’s an over eager and wet-behind the ears rookie rubbing me the way. Keep in mind I am her boss but this trick obviously missed the memo since I share her with three other managers who are higher ranking than me. Perhaps that may be the reason she feels she can do the damn fool.

So now I am trying to figure out how to be diplomatic with this rookie who keeps trying to act as if we’re in the same position. It’s been awhile since I’ve worked with someone so confused. I’m not sure if its immaturity, lack of experience, or just straight boldness. At any rate we’re having a come to Jesus meeting very soon because something has got to give. At her age or even role in the game I wasn’t so ballsy. But then again I am a black woman in corporate america and we know there’s no playing that. It’s a trip because she keeps saying she wants to learn and I have no problem with someone wanting to better themselves. She’s only been in the industry all of six months so don’t step on my toes and I’ve been in the game over five years.

To be continued…

No comments:

What I Have To Say