Monday, November 19, 2007

Take This and Shove It


So as of Friday, November 16th I was let go from my job with no reason or explanation. God has a mysterious way of taking you out of a situation that isn’t in your best interest. For the past few weeks I’ve been highly stressed from my job. It was the internal conflicts that were doing me in. My two white female bosses are a fucking mess, and I’m sorry but I will not allow anyone to serve me shit on a platter and expect me to call it dinner.

I guess my mouth was enough reason for them to let me go. I am your worst fear; articulate, outspoken, smart, and tolerant of zero bullshit. I will not bow down and say “Yes Master” to no one especially idiots. I wasn’t given any reason other than I have a “bad attitude”. Code word for mouthy Negro.


Crash Course into "Real World": I just learned this is an “at will employment” state; meaning we can let you go for no fucking reason if we want to and an employee can do the same. Where's the freaking loyalty? Then again there is never any honor among thieves.

3 comments:

Blu Jewel said...

I'm sorry to hear of your termination, but as you said, a new door will open. You're a profoundly resourceful and smart young woman who'll succeed in whatever she puts her hands on.

I wish you well and know that positive thoughts are being sent your way.

jendayi said...

I'm excited for what may come your way. New opportunities are in the midst. Good luck!

Ms. Confessions said...

This was the best thing that could have happened to me.

Great things are always around the corner.

I appreciate the kind words ladies!

What I Have To Say