Sunday, July 23, 2006

She's Having A Baby...



Today I went to one of my dear friend’s baby shower. The event was simply wonderful, while there I felt an emotional connection with the purpose of the event. I‘ve only known my friend for a little over a year, but it feels like forever. And within that time frame we got our real estate licenses, she got married, and is now having a little girl. It amazes me how much can change is such a small amount of time. I felt an overwhelming sense of happiness for the couple. I adore them together, and her husband is really a great guy. You can feel the closeness they share, and I’ve never really seen my friend this happy and fulfilled, perhaps it’s that mother’s glow.

I will admit while at the shower I couldn’t help but daydream about my own shower. I could see myself being pregnant and having a baby shower with my husband. I could see my husband and I having family and close friends at our house sharing in this joyous occasion. I see my mother and father being proud grandparents. The dress I wore today also reminded me of a cute summer maternity dress, so it added to the fantasy. While I may not be in a rush to start a family, I will say it’s something I look forward to.

I anxiously anticipate the day I’ll meet my husband. It’s a warm feeling to know that somewhere out there is your partner in life. I am extremely optimistic about my love life because there is no other need to think differently. I can’t wait to have my wedding. I can’t wait to be with the man who I feel completes me. I’m not out fishing for this guy, but it’s great to know he’s on his way. While I am in the waiting wing for my true love, I feel now is an excellent time to perfect the essence of ME. I don’t mean to say this as if I am perfect (not at all). However, I do believe it is one’s responsibility to always want to give their very best in all aspects of their life. I would never ask a man to possess qualities I don’t have. It was fun thinking about my future family. Lately, I’ve been on my anti kid kick. I love kids, but it would be a huge burden on myself if I was to end up pregnant now. I do look forward to the day that my husband and I are anxiously awaiting for our bundle of joy. Congrats to Mr. & Mrs. Gaban!

No comments:

What I Have To Say