Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Another Day, Another Man...

Today’s topic was inspired by a dear friend’s situation. Her and her man have ended their relationship. Without going into the dramatic details, I’d like to use their situation as an illustration as to why I don’t understand men. They have been in a relationship for a few years and even played house (lived together). They have a unique relationship in the fact that they have mutually agreed to have sex with other people or couples as long as the other person was upfront and honest. From a male’s perspective you would think this guy would have it made, and not to discount my girl if that’s how you do it.

Well my friend went out of town last week for about a week and her man cheated on her.Now, the main issue with his discretion is he broke the rule by not mentioning his urge to sleep with this woman. But to make matters even worst he would candidly diss this woman to my friend. Calling her ugly, broke, and just how much of a mess she is, but yet you decide to fuck her in you and your girl’s bed without telling your woman. Remember they have an “open” relationship, so there’s no need for the lies and deceit. My friend found out all the details through a paper trail (email correspondence) between the woman and her man. In the email they recap the encounters and make plans to do it again.

So naturally my girl is pissed off when she reads the emails. She confronts him and he doesn’t deny it, but he blames my girl for his actions (she allegedly cheated on him over a year ago, and it appears he hasn’t gotten over it). At this particular point I feel you are being a coward to condone your actions based off some assumptions that happened over a year ago. If you still have an issue of trust in this relationship then why be together? The answer to that is you’re full of shit. My friend is ready to go to his house and pack her and her son’s things and return to her apartment she still paid on. (The smartest thing anyone can do, never give someone the power to throw you out on the street).

Evidently my girl was the bread winner in this relationship. He was out on disability not really bringing in any money to live off of, so my girl was paying a nice portion of the household bills. In addition, to supporting herself and her child, she took care of his two 12 years old kids (by 2 different baby mamas). I don’t look at my girl as playing herself. These are the things you do when you love someone and live with them. But you can believe that shit is over. As I am writing this post she’s in the process of moving out her things and leaving him alone for good.

What puzzles me is what the hell are men thinking when they cheat on a good woman? Not only do you cheat but then you go out a fuck the most god awful thing crawling the earth. Why would you cross a woman, who is there for you no matter what, that same woman who supports your trifling ass? You would think being in an open and honest relationship would eliminate the games and bullshit. So this guy messed over a good relationship with someone who isn't bad looking and willing to be there for your ass, to go a sleep with a broke and ugly trick. But I guess no matter what men will always be men…

2 comments:

BeautyinBaltimore said...

She played herself. No woman should take care of any man who is not her HUSBAND(AND ONLY IF HE IS ILL). Taking care of his children by another woman, hell no, not in a million years. Men don't do much now days because women don't require much. Ask your grandparents or some other elderly people if it is ok for a woman to take of a man.

Ms. Confessions said...

@Beauty- I hear you and point well taken. I can’t say that I’ve ever played house with a man before, but it’s certainly to prevent situations like this from happening to me. After all of that time, effort, and my good hard earned money you feel played and taken advantage of.

What I Have To Say