Thursday, July 27, 2006

Some Bullshit...

So today I reached my breaking point at work. It is a MUST that I leave this place. Where does one begin to record what happen to me less than two hours ago?

As of yesterday I have been showing my colleague the ropes as it pertains to her day to day responsibilities. (Something I don’t mind because we’re cool like that). Why am I the one having to show her these things? Well her boss doesn’t know how to do any of the administrative duties because she relied on a previous assistant manager to do those things. And now that she’s left it’s my girl and her manager, the blind leading the blind.

Well today my girl has called a few times this morning with different questions (again no big deal she’s new, and the boss can’t help her). Well come to find out right before lunch I get an email from my girl telling me that she has been instructed by her boss to NOT call me anymore as per my boss’ request. My boss even goes into details about how my girl has called at least eight times this morning and she’s disrupting my work. So of course I got upset. For starters, who are you to tell me who I can talk to? Second, I am helping the girl out not just sitting around shooting the shit with her. Thirdly, there’s another property manager who doesn’t know what the hell she’s doing from day one who calls nonstop. In fact, during her first week she called my office so many times, I was wondering how the hell did she even get her job.

So my issue is why are you trying to control my girl and I phone conversations, when I am simply trying to help her out? Why are you sitting there watching the caller id and recording how many times she’s calling? She’s calling me because her dumb ass boss can’t answer her questions; because she feels administrative things are beneath her. But now that the person who handled those issues is gone, the ship is slowly sinking. Mind you my boss isn’t even woman enough to discuss the matter with me. You go behind our backs. It’s like two parents discussing how to manage their kids. But I am NOT your child, and fuck you for not being woman enough to talk to me like an adult.

So what’s really the issue is it the fact that the only two black women in the company are actually smart and get along with each other a threat to you? How do you justify telling her boss to have her stop calling, when that other retarded manager calls here nonstop for help? Even when I was leaving for lunch once I saw my girl’s email, that woman was still acting like she didn’t do shit. So now I have to sit here for next 3 hours keeping my composure. I am so sick of this woman trying to belittle me. I don’t bow down to anyone. Especially some Wal-mart shopping, non educated, sleeping with a married man, ex -pet store working, lonely forty something, crater face bitch. You will NOT still my joy nor block my blessings…

And guess who walks into my office? My girl’s boss to get training from my boss. The reason why everyone comes to my boss is because she’s the dinosaurs in my company as far as property managers. All the other managers come and go move on to bigger and better commercial real estate companies.

And then my boss just came by talking to me like nothing has happen or I dont know what went down. It's amazing how they can just turn that shit on and off like that. In fact, it crazy!

3 comments:

Black Girl Interrupted said...

Damn, do you work at my job? When I read your post I was like, ok I'm not the only one who experiences bullshit like that on the job. I don't know if this is the case for you, but sometimes I get the sense that female bosses of the paler variety seem intimidated by intelligent black women, and sometimes they tend to try to belittle you on the low. They do little petty things so they can feel like they are exerting some sort of control over you. But don't let that get to you. I know its hard, but ignore the tramp. She is obviously a coward because she couldn't even approach you face to face.

Ms. Confessions said...

@ Black Girl Interrupted- Unfortunately it’s a situation that many black women encounter while working in corporate america. Since when did their shortcomings/insecurities become my issue? I hate to generalize, but I have truly had some bad experiences with these women. It’s like they expect me to be from the hood, nonarticulate, uneducated, and have no sense of the finer things in life.

Ms. Confessions said...

@ anonymous- Thanks for the support. Even on this touchy topic. Better days are always ahead!

What I Have To Say